Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza





At the end of May, my husband and I went to the Taste of Cincinnati. Being from Chicago, I was well used to and loved The Taste of Chicago, and was excited to see what Cincinnati had to offer.
There weren't as many vendors, but the portions were bigger and the prices smaller. My favorite "taste" was of a chicken and bacon Caesar salad pizza. I knew I wanted to try and repeat this at home. When I looked up recipes, I found that this pizza seemed to be "the" thing to make.

I got my recipe from another blogger, dinners for every year, and made a homemade salad dressing from a Moosewood cookbook. Of course, you can use your favorite bottled Caesar dressing, but trust me when I say that Moosewood's is fantastic, and worth it to make.

Pizza:

pizza dough
3-4 tablespoons of Caesar salad dressing
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup cooked chicken strips
1 heaping cup shredded romaine lettuce
black pepper

1.) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. If using fresh dough, roll out to a 12 inch circle. Place on a baking sheet or stone, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden. If using a pre-made crust, just put it on a cookie sheet and brown.

2.) Brush the crust with 2 tablespoons of Caesar dressing, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup mozzarella. Top it with the chicken and return to the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese melts.

3.) Remove the pizza from the oven and put it on a cutting board. In a bowl, toss the lettuce with 1 tablespoon of dressing and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Top the pizza with the salad and cut in wedges. You can add black pepper if you so desire.


Caesar Salad Dressing:

(Makes 1 cup)

2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
black pepper

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.

*Produces a thick and tasty dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment