Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Penne in a Tomato Cream Sauce




This recipe from the Pioneer Woman is really very good. How can it not be with heavy cream in it? However, it is incredibly rich. I had copied this recipe when first reading it on the PW site, but hadn't planned on making it anytime soon since it called for heavy cream, and that is something I most definitely do not make a habit of purchasing.

Change of plans when I had to buy heavy cream for the caramel apple pie- with most of the small carton still left, and not wanting to waste it, I turned to this pasta dish.

I must admit I winced as I followed the directions with the use of a lot of butter, olive oil, and oh yes, did I mention the heavy cream? This is a once a year kind of dish. It is absolutely delicious though!

No comments:

Post a Comment