Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Homemade Crispy Baked Chicken Strips





I love crispy chicken- on salads, in a wrap, with french fries, and so on. Sadly, a lot of chicken is coated in so much heavy batter and fried in gobs of oil, that it becomes very unhealthy. Which is why I would limit myself to my crispy chicken cravings.

Not anymore! I found this recipe on lowfatlifestyle.com, and was happy to see that it used few ingredients so that it is indeed a low fat, and healthy, way to have crispy chicken.

I served it alongside a bunch of fresh veggies cooked in a little bit of olive with garlic powder and oregano. The chicken strips were delicious. Next time, I'll cook them a bit longer to get them even crispier.

Ingredients:

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 egg, beaten
2 cups plain breadcrumbs (I used panko breadcrumbs)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder

1.) Cut the chicken into thin strips, about 1 inch wide.

2.) Mix the bread crumbs and seasonings in a bowl. Beat the egg in a separate bowl.

3.) Dip the chicken pieces in the egg, then the crumb mixture. Place on a oiled baking sheet.

4.) Bake the chicken strips at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, until crispy on the outside and lightly browned.

*Serve plain or with your favorite sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment