Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Cacciatore






I am a big fan of Ellie Krieger. I love to watch her show on the Food Network, and have recently been using her cookbook, The Food You Crave. I have made four recipes from it now, and every one has been delicious and healthy. Her chicken chop suey and balsamic chicken with spinach and tomatoes can be found on my blog. I still have a couple recipes from this cookbook I'm eager to try, but first I wanted to make this classic chicken dish.

A fair warning: while easy to make, this recipe takes time. It involves a lot of chopping, and cook time. Also be sure to buy a good white wine, as you will taste it in the final product. This is the kind of dish that fills your house with delicious scents and is well worth the wait. You can serve it as is, over rice, or over pasta. I chose to serve it over some whole grain rotini.

This makes a large amount, and Krieger notes that a serving is one piece of chicken along with the broth and vegetables. So this is definitely a two dinner meal- great for during a busy week!

You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment