Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chicken Chop Suey




Another Chinese recipe! After the success of the sesame chicken, I decided to try another favorite: chop suey. What I am really liking about cooking Chinese food at home is that I can control the ingredients and what I'm putting in the dish, which means it's healthier then what I get from take-out Chinese, and it still tastes delicious!

This recipe I found from Elli Krieger. She's known for her healthier recipes, and I found that this seemed true with the abundance of veggies, low-sodium, and suggestion of using brown rice. The only issue I had with this recipe is that the wontons DO NOT need to be baked 10 minutes- they will burn! I would say 5 minutes, and be sure to keep an eye on them.

Otherwise, this was another successful homemade Chinese dish! Now I just need to decide what to try next. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment