Thursday, July 29, 2010

Black Bean Burgers


My Dad and sister visited last week, and we wanted to make some special meals for them. We love black bean burgers, and normally just buy them at the grocery store and pop them in the microwave, but this past 4th of July we sampled my brother-in-law's homemade version and loved them. Since then, I was determined to make them myself.

I found a great recipe here. They were easy to make for a weeknight dinner, and had great flavor. While flipping them over on the baking sheet to bake the other side, they did start to break a bit, but once they baked longer, they seemed to hold together pretty well.

We topped them with pepper jack cheese, and served them with fresh corn on the cob and homemade potato salad made by my sister. Perfect for a summer meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment