Monday, April 26, 2010

Salmon Egg Foo Yung

This recipe was my grandma's- I never had it before, but had copied from her recipe box a long time ago, and finally got around to making it tonight. I love Chinese food, and am constantly looking for new Chinese recipes that I can make at home. This one was fairly easy and tasted (in my opinion) better then take-out. I'm sure much healthier too!

Ingredients:

1 can (7 3/4 oz) salmon (drain and flake)
4 eggs1 cup bean sprouts
3 tablespoons minced green onions
1 can sliced mushrooms
canola oil

1.) Beat the eggs. Fold in the sprouts, green onions, mushrooms, and salmon.

2.) Heat canola oil in the bottom of a skillet over medium high heat.

3.) Measure out about three tablespoons of the egg mixture and place it in the skillet. The eggs will bubble, and then you can flip it over to brown the other side. The egg mixture will become like a small "egg pancake." Once both sides are brown, set on a plate. (Since you are making a batch of these, I suggest covering the cooked ones with foil to keep them hot until serving.)

4.) To make the accompanying sauce, combine 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with 3/4 cup of water and cook it in a small sauce pan until it dissolves. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Once the sauce is bubbling and thick, remove from the heat.

5.) Serve the salmon egg foo yung patties over rice, and top with the sauce.



1 comment:

  1. Looks good...I'm going to have to make these again...Nana would be happy you liked them!!

    ReplyDelete